Monday 10 August 2015

5 years of blogging

 Evening guys and girls,

I have been quiet of late, again due to having a lot going on in real life. Including a week in Scotland for the wedding of 2 very good friends of mine.

In that time a milestone for this blog has passed. My little corner of the internet has been going for 5 years now, give or take a few hiatuses which im sure can be forgiven. scary how fast time flies by I remember the day that Mr Feral and Foot_of _adhesive_tape first nagged me to start a blog like it was yesterday.

Since then I have withdrawn from the forums along with most of my original hobby mates, most of whom have blogs now too.

5 years has seen me drift away from GW being the core of my hobbying and has seen me start and fail a legion of projects, but the enjoyment of toy soldiers is still there. I'd like to thank anyone who takes the time to read or comment on my ramblings, know that it is appreciated.

Obviously due to being busy the past few weeks I haven't had much hobby time however here is the state of my stormcast eternal production line:





I picked up  the new gold base paint which is helping speed these guys along. I should hopefully have this first unit of them done quite soon.

In other news whilst up in  Scotland I had chance to grab a quick game of FoW and got talking to Dave about visiting more often and actually gaming. This lead to a purchase:

                                     

Dave has moved more to the historical side of the spectrum so I've decided to paint up a very small bolt action force. likely to be the above boxset plus a few bits and a single tank. To spur us on we have a gentlemans agreement to complete at least 1 bolt action model per month (given how easily distracted we both are 1 will be hard).

I've gone with the SS as I have a force of them for FoW and camo is rather fun to paint. Go check out Daves Blog and spur him on HERE.

Well that is it for now, I may have an update in the coming days as my Anvil Industries Kickstarter has been dispatched :)

5 comments:

  1. Congrats and many happy returns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. He's alive!

      Also well done Simon, you did good.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the anniversary Si, though I'm concerned about this optimistic new leaf you've turned over? One model a month is a tall order for me. . .

    ReplyDelete